Wednesday 21 December 2011

Wonder Woman 2

The other week there was an article on the local news saying that if you do really speedy exercise for 40 seconds a day, that can help prevent diabetes. I mean really speedy, like sprinting, they suggested. And you can do it for 2 lots of 20 seconds.

Well any exercise that is measured in seconds is good to me, so I thought I'd incorporate this into my daily cycle - the uphill bit preferably, as I'd be scared of going too fast downhill in case my brakes gave out.

I casually mentioned this to Rita, my triathlon-eventing friend at work, who seemed to be quite impressed, strangely, and then mentioned it on her Facebook. Then several of her seriously sporty friends 'liked' me/it - which is apparently A Good Thing. So I am now a sporting legend in my lunchtime.

My feeling is that we are not talking about the same thing. I have no idea what Rita and her chums mean, but I meant that I will go as fast as I can, which at times might mean, frankly, not very.

But in the meantime, I am happy to bask in the ill-gotten glory. It's good to be 'liked'.

And as a bonus, not only am I fighting poverty, but I'm now fighting diabetes. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment