Friday 30 December 2011

The Final Countdown

Wow, it's only 61 days till I actually set off. On the 2nd March I'll be boarding that outbound plane to Casablanca.

Feels like things are becoming a little serious now. Have to get my passport renewed, insurance sorted, and make sure I've got all the final bits of kit - sun-block, blister pads, wet- wipes etc. Suddenly wondering if I have enough super-socks.

I do have a pair of wrap-around sunglasses - although I haven't used them much so far, as they require a small sarcophagus to carry them around in, and, frankly, there hasn't been enough space in my handbag.

And of course the training. Suddenly I don't have all the time in the world any more.

So, here's the plan:
  1. Continue with the cycling, as now, and walk to work (briskly), if the weather goes against cycling (don't think I'd do snow)
  2. Go on at least one long (10 miles min) walk every week - will probably have to join the early bird Ramblers for this
  3. Swim one evening per week (groan)
Will that do it?

I'll have to read through the instructions from those nice people at Discover Adventure any day now, and see what they suggest. I did have a little peep a while back, but I frightened myself, and so hid the info for a while.

Time now to be brave.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. This light have tested and is recommended by scientist for drivers to use it since it has the ability to illuminate hundreds of feet ahead allowing a driver to be able to see a coming vehicle from far. He can also hid lights if there is any light problem in front.

    ReplyDelete