Wednesday 14 December 2011

Oh dear!

November 3rd! What have I been doing?

Well quite a lot of stuff, but obviously not blogging.

I have the choice between short, sweet and a little more regular, or not at all.

While there may be a compelling case  for not at all, I'll try with the former for a while. Almost time for New Year Resolutions anyway.

So,

Training:
Did a couple of ten-mile walks back in the beginning of balmy November. Nearly killed me, since I'd obviously peaked too early with the training schedule. Nothing since, but plenty of good intentions - might even swim this weekend (aaargh!)
Cycling still going well though.
Have started the surgical spirit treatment to harden up the feet. Apparently hard feet are a good thing. Watch this space.

Fundraising:
Have now made it to about £3,500 (once Gift Aid is included.)
Thank you so much everyone who has supported me - I am so impressed with the generosity of people who are happy to give a hand up to a complete stranger in trouble.
I have quite a few irons still in the fire too, thanks to friends and family:
  • a beautiful poetry book to sell online
  • designer clothes to sell on e-bay
  • vintage clothes to sell in trendy shops
  • masses of stuff for a car boot
and a few people have pledged money too. I'm pretty confident of getting to £4,000 now - and maybe could even make it beyond that.

That would be fab, becasue it's been a hard summer in the Sahel, and will be a difficult hungry period next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment