Thursday 9 June 2011

Phew!

Overtook my first cyclist going home last night.

Uphill.

Makes a pleasant change.

He didn't know we were racing, of course.

Still, pretty impressive, I feel.

The sand walking was good - didn't have the benefit of John and his GPS, but reckon I did about 8 miles in 2 hours in one session - from Boscombe pier to Hengistbury Head and back. It really is much harder work on the sand, and uses a whole bunch of different muscles. I was aching from my little toe up the side of the leg - which is where I usually ache after ice-skating, so you might be right Leila, it could be good exercise after all. And I walked on the soft sand for most of it - not cheating by  walking on the wet sand.

By the way, does anyone know what the gear on the left hand on the bike is for? I have a grip on the right that has the numbers 1-7 on it, which I'm quite happy with, but the one on the left moves, but just has little lines on it - and seems to make no appreciable difference when I do twist it by accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment